Invisalign – Houston, TX
Straighter Smiles Without the Hassle
Braces are great for fixing crooked teeth, but adults are usually reluctant to consider them because of the changes they make to their day-to-day appearance. That’s why Muse Dental Studio offers Invisalign. Instead of metal brackets and wires, you’ll wear a series of clear plastic trays to gradually move your pearly whites to the preferred position. Most people won’t even realize you’re in the middle of an orthodontic treatment! Call our office today if you think Invisalign might be right for you.
Why Choose Muse Dental Studio for Invisalign?
- Customized Treatment Plans For Every Patient
- Attractive Alternative to Braces
- Flexible Financing Available
Benefits of Invisalign
- Practically Invisible: Metal braces can leave you feeling self-conscious, but Invisalign trays are see-through and hard to notice if you don’t know what you’re looking for.
- No Diet Restrictions: The trays can be removed when it’s time to eat. That means you can enjoy all kinds of foods without worrying about damaging your appliance.
- Easy Brushing: Brackets and wires often get in the way of practicing great oral hygiene. With Invisalign, you can brush and floss like you normally would without any hassle.
- Shorter Treatment Time: On average, Invisalign takes about 12 to 18 months. Braces can often take 2 to 3 years.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign is usually suggested as a solution for straighter smiles, but there are other orthodontic problems it can help treat. For example, if you have a misaligned bite (whether it’s an overbite, an underbite, or crossbite), Invisalign can move your jaws into a better position. It can also help if there’s too much space between your teeth or if they’re crowded together.
Keep in mind that compared to braces, Invisalign relies much more heavily on patient compliance. You need to keep your trays in your mouth for a certain amount of time each day, and you can’t forget to put them back in after you’re done eating. For this reason, Invisalign is usually suggested for adults and teens with the maturity to stick to the treatment.
The Invisalign Process
After an initial consultation where impressions of your mouth are taken (which is necessary to design your trays), you’ll receive a number of trays depending on the complexity of your case. Each tray is worn for two weeks at a time and normally need to be kept in the mouth for 20 to 22 hours a day. To make sure your treatment is on track, you’ll need to come to our office every six weeks or so. You should start seeing significant improvements after about a year or so.
Taking Care of Invisalign Trays
Whenever you take your trays out, rinse them thoroughly so that your saliva doesn’t dry on to them. You should periodically soak Invisalign trays in denture cleaner (or another product we can recommend to you) to keep them clear and sanitized. Brushing them can also help, but don’t use toothpaste to do so; you might end up scratching or dulling the plastic. To avoid staining the trays, never eat or drink anything except water while wearing them.