Wisdom Teeth Extraction – Houston, TX
High-Quality Care for Problem Teeth
If the wisdom teeth are so “wise,” then why are they removed so often? The truth of the matter is that most people simply don’t have enough room for them in their jaw. By the time they come in (usually around the late teens or early twenties), most patients have the rest of their permanent teeth, and the wisdom teeth end up becoming impacted, or stuck, as they try to erupt. This can cause a multitude of problems ranging from jaw pain to an infection, but at Muse Dental Studio, we can help patients by performing safe and gentle wisdom tooth extractions.
Why Choose Muse Dental Studio for Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
- Sedation dentistry guarantees a comfortable experience
- Happy to treat adults & teens alike
- Team led by 2 dentists with over 20 years of experience
What to Expect During a Wisdom Tooth Extraction
After we have determined that someone’s wisdom teeth need to come out, the procedure will take the following steps:
- We’ll start by numbing the treatment area using local anesthetic.
- Any gum or bone tissue that is still encapsulating a tooth will be removed.
- Once we can reach the tooth, it will be extracted, usually in pieces.
- The treatment site will be closed with self-dissolving stitches.
Afterward, a patient will experience a little bleeding and swelling, but they should be able to resume their normal diet and daily routine in less than a week.